Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Meta (formerly Facebook), seems to have taken his love for mixed martial arts (MMA) to a whole new level. He recently revealed that he has built an octagon fighting ring in his own backyard, sparking some mixed reactions, especially from his wife, Priscilla Chan.
In an Instagram post, Zuckerberg shared a WhatsApp message exchange between him and his wife, where he proudly asked her if she had seen the octagon he put in their backyard. Chan’s response was short and straightforward, “Yes, I saw it,” but she didn’t seem too thrilled about the new addition. Zuckerberg tried to reassure her by saying that it looks awesome and that they have plenty of yard space, but Chan had a different perspective. She bluntly replied, “I have been working on that grass for two years,” indicating her dissatisfaction with the idea.
To add a touch of humor to the situation, Zuckerberg posted a poll alongside the message exchange, asking his followers, “What’s the Play?” with two options: “Keep the octagon” or “Save the grass.” It seems like he’s playfully seeking public opinion on whether to keep his prized fighting ring or prioritize his wife’s hard work on the backyard grass.
You can see the text message exchange here.
Mark Zuckerberg’s MMA journey began during the COVID-19 pandemic, where he turned into an MMA machine, participating in and winning several jiu-jitsu tournaments. He’s been coached by renowned pros like Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Dave Camarillo, honing his skills and passion for the sport.
Interestingly, Elon Musk, the billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla, had previously challenged Zuckerberg to a cage match to settle their longstanding feud. Musk’s playful proposal triggered a response from Zuckerberg, who simply wrote on his Instagram Story, “Send Me Location.” The exchange between the two tech moguls added to the excitement of a potential showdown.
However, recent discussions at Meta’s internal meetings suggest that Zuckerberg’s enthusiasm for the fight might have diminished. When asked about the possibility of the cage match, Zuckerberg seemed uncertain and didn’t provide any official updates. He did express his love for fighting and mentioned his interest in participating in an MMA competition at some point, but whether it will be against Musk or not remains to be seen.
Mark Zuckerberg’s MMA obsession has led him to build an octagon in his backyard, but not everyone in the household seems thrilled about it. His wife, Priscilla Chan, is understandably concerned about the impact on her carefully nurtured grass. The playful exchange between the couple has amused many on social media. As for the potential cage match with Elon Musk, it seems the excitement has cooled down a bit, leaving fans to wonder if the fight will ever happen. For now, Zuckerberg remains focused on his MMA journey and the joy of competition.
- Why did Mark Zuckerberg build an octagon in his backyard? Mark Zuckerberg is passionate about mixed martial arts (MMA) and has been competing in jiu-jitsu tournaments. To further indulge his love for the sport, he built an octagon fighting ring in his backyard to train and practice.
- How did Mark Zuckerberg’s wife, Priscilla Chan, react to the octagon in their backyard? Priscilla Chan didn’t seem too thrilled about the octagon. In a WhatsApp message exchange, she expressed her frustration, stating that she had been working on the grass in the backyard for two years.
- What was Elon Musk’s challenge to Mark Zuckerberg? Elon Musk playfully challenged Mark Zuckerberg to a cage match to settle their longstanding feud. He jokingly proposed a “literal dick-measuring contest,” igniting excitement among their followers.
- Will the cage match between Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk happen? As of now, it remains uncertain whether the cage match will take place. Recent discussions at Meta’s internal meetings suggest that Zuckerberg’s enthusiasm for the fight might have waned.
- Is Mark Zuckerberg still passionate about MMA? Yes, Mark Zuckerberg is still passionate about MMA. He has been training and competing in jiu-jitsu tournaments and expressed his love for the sport during internal meetings at Meta. He also mentioned his interest in participating in an MMA competition in the future.